Protecting the security and privacy of your personal data is important to LEMO Group and its affiliates (together “LEMO”). Therefore, LEMO operates its websites and provide its services in compliance with applicable laws on data privacy protection and data security.
Data collection web services
Browsing of our web sites and most other services do not require any personally identifying information.
LEMO may collect limited non-personally identifying information your browser makes available whenever you visit a website. This log information includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your query and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. We use this information to better understand user’s behavior and to further improve our offerings.
Some of our services require you to register for an account. LEMO asks you for some personal information in order to create an account and we will use that information to provide the service. For certain services we may request credit card or other payment information which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers.
When we require personally identifying information, we will inform you about the types of information we collect and how we use it. We hope this will help you make an informed decision about sharing your personal information with us. It is then up to you to decide if you want to provide the information or not.
Data collection other services
In the context of the business relationship with LEMO (with customers, suppliers, vendors and other partners), LEMO may processes personal data for the following purposes:
- Communicating with Business Partners about products, services and projects of LEMO or Business Partners, e.g. by responding to inquiries or requests;
- Planning, performing and managing the (contractual) relationship with Business Partners; e.g. by performing transactions and orders of products or services, processing payments, performing accounting, auditing, billing and collection activities, arranging shipments and deliveries, facilitating repairs and providing support services;
- Administrating and performing customer surveys, marketing campaigns, market analysis, contests, or other promotional activities or events;
- Maintaining and protecting the security of our products, services and websites, preventing and detecting security threats, fraud or other criminal or malicious activities;
- Ensuring compliance with legal obligations (such as record keeping obligations), Business Partner compliance screening obligations (to prevent white-collar or money laundering crimes), and LEMO policies or industry standards; and
- Solving disputes, enforce our contractual agreements and to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
For the purposes above, LEMO may process the following categories of personal data:
- Contact information, such as full name, work address, work telephone number, work mobile phone number, work fax number and work email address,;
- Payment data, such as data necessary for processing payments and fraud prevention, including credit/debit card numbers, security code numbers and other related billing information;
- Further information necessarily processed in a project or contractual relationship with LEMO or voluntarily provided by the Business Partner, such as orders placed, payments made, requests, and project milestones;
- Information collected from publicly available resources, integrity data bases and credit agencies; and
- If legally required for Business Partner compliance screenings: information about relevant and significant litigation or other legal proceedings against Business Partners.
The processing of personal data is necessary to meet the above purposes including the performance of the respective (contractual) relationship with Business Partners. Unless indicated otherwise, the legal basis for the processing of personal data is contract and legitimate interests (Article 6 (1) (b) or (f) of the General Data Protection Regulation) or - if explicitly provided by Business Partner– the consent (Article 6 (1) (a) of the General Data Protection Regulation).
We do not rent or sell your personally identifying information to other companies or individuals. LEMO may transfer personal data to other LEMO companies and partners, but only if and to the extent such transfer is strictly required for the purposes mentioned above.
If legally permitted to do so, LEMO may transfer personal data to courts, law enforcement authorities, regulators or attorneys if necessary to comply with the law or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
LEMO may use service providers (so-called data processors), such as hosting or IT maintenance service providers, which only act upon instructions of LEMO and are contractually bound to act in compliance with applicable data protection law.
Recipients of personal data may possibly be located in countries outside of the EU (“third countries”), in which applicable laws do offer a similar level of data protection.
In such cases and unless permitted otherwise by applicable law, LEMO takes measures to implement appropriate and suitable safeguards for the protection of personal data.
Unless explicitly indicated otherwise at the time of the collection of personal data, we erase personal data if the retention of the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed and no statutory retention obligations under applicable law (such as tax or social law) require us to further retain personal data.
Right to withdraw consent
In case you declared your consent for the processing of certain personal data by LEMO, you have the right to withdraw the consent at any time with future effect, i.e. the withdrawal of the consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on the consent before its withdrawal. In case consent is withdrawn, LEMO may only further process the personal data where there is another legal ground for the processing.
Under applicable data protection law you may - provided that the respective legal pre-conditions are met - have the right to:
- obtain from LEMO confirmation as to whether or not your personal data are being processed, and where that is the case, access to the personal data;
- obtain from LEMO the rectification of inaccurate personal data;
- obtain from LEMO the erasure of your personal data;
- obtain from LEMO restriction of processing regarding your personal data;
- obtain from LEMO a copy of personal data, which you provided, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to request from LEMO that we transmit those data to another recipient selected by you; and
- object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to processing of personal data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data.
We restrict access to your personally identifying information to LEMO employees who need to know that information in order to fulfill your request or supply our services.
LEMO provides support with any data privacy related questions, comments, concerns or complaints or in case you wish to exercise your rights. For any questions related to this matter, please contact at: gdpr@LEMO.com.
The responsible of LEMO for this matter is our legal counsel: Marcel Kochan (email@example.com).