For our USA subsidiary based in Rohnert Park, California, we are currently looking to hire one person for the role of:
SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER
Rohnert Park, California USA • Permanent contract • As soon as possible
- Develops and validates advanced competitive, engineered interconnect solutions that satisfy specific customer needs and/or meet the requirements of defined market-driven products. Projects typically include designing connectors employing electrical, fiber optic and pneumatic contacts plus associated cable and harness assemblies, box builds, integration & testing of electronics in the interconnect solution.
- Technical product design lead on project teams responsible for new product design related tasks including conceptual models, CAD modeling, proof of concept, BOM’s, prototypes, assembly, product testing, costs, stress & thermal analysis, DFMEA, and GD&T considerations.
- Develops products from Investigation to Production Release following a Stage Gate process
- Constructs and evaluates complex prototypes, including any required testing and analysis, in support of design verification and product validation to achieve performance requirements.
- Provides technical support of new product designs working with external supply chain partners.
- Provides guidance to assembly teams on new designs and processes for custom connectors, up to and including specialize tooling.
- Please refer to the job posting for additional duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (BSME preferred) or 20 years work experience in related industry accompanied by demonstrated success in a similar role.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years relevant experience; preferred experience with small, precision-manufactured electro-mechanical products and electrical or fiber optic connectors.
- Please refer to the job posting for additional requirements.
- The stability of an independent, dynamic, continuously successful Swiss group.
- The motivation to participate in the creation of cutting-edge solutions renowned worldwide.
- The warm and stimulating atmosphere of a human-sized company, close to its people.
- A working environment with equipment and infrastructure designed to help you to excel, progress and develop your skills.
- The satisfaction of participating in the development of new interconnection solutions.
With a history of 75 years of excellence and innovation, the LEMO Group is a global leader in high-performance interconnection solutions. From the depths of the oceans to the far reaches of outer space, from the freezing North Pole to the burning heart of jet engines, from operating theatres to car races, our solutions are a global benchmark for demanding applications and harsh environments. With your 1800 colleagues in Switzerland and around the world, you will help technological leaders to push back the limits of science, medicine, communication, transport and energy.
Help us protect, save and bring people together, develop and share knowledge, optimise production and the use of natural resources. By helping to engineer, design, build, set up, distribute or sell our renowned interconnect solutions, you can play a vital role in revolutionary technologies on Earth and beyond. Regardless of the industry, our work is always about creating perfectly safe, high-performance connections for highly demanding and critical applications.