For our USA subsidiary based in Rohnert Park, CA, we are currently looking to hire one person for the role of:
Rohnert Park, California USA • Permanent contract • As soon as possible
Develops cost-effective injection molding, jig & fixtures, processes, and methods, in accordance with customer specifications and quality standards. Recommends and implements improvements to current & future injection molding processes, methods, and controls. Identify opportunities for improvement, increasing productivity while maintaining product quality and output.
- Develop and conduct Design of Experiments (DOEs) for injection molding processes specific to material testing, machine or process development, optimization, or part prototyping.
- Identify key process indicators (KPIs) and collect data into meaningful metrics on a routine basis. Use basic SPC to monitor performance and suggest areas of improvement.
- Create and maintain required documentation for manufacturing processes, including flow charts, capacity and utilization studies, time and motion studies, standard work, cycle time analysis, and line balancing.
- Review customer specifications for Build to Custom Design projects. Provide feedback to Project Managers and customers as required.
- Design and develop robust manufacturing concepts to simplify and improve processes and ensure best practices.
- Taking an active lead in design for Manufacturability / Assembly Responsible for tool & process validation (PPAP), DQ, IQ, OQ, PQ.
- Perform PFMEA Risk Analyses when required (ISO 13485 opportunities), develop plans to mitigate risk, and keep PFMEA alive throughout product life.
- Identify and introduce new or enhanced process capabilities to LEMO manufacturing work centers.
- Perform root cause analyses for critical problems. Propose and implement corrective measures to address customer complaints.
- Research and test design ideas to determine feasibility, utilizing lean manufacturing, kaizen, Six Sigma, and root-cause analysis to formulate and support innovation, implement corrective actions, and improvements.
- Assist day-to-day operations in the manufacturing assembly area to optimize workflow, work thru short- term problems, and lead assembly teams to maintain efficiency.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering preferred (BSME, BSIE), or significant directly related work experience.
- Three (3) years minimum experience in the mold making and injection molding industry.
- See job posting for more requirements.
- The stability of an independent, dynamic, continuously successful Swiss group.
- The motivation to participate in the creation of cutting-edge solutions renowned worldwide.
- The warm and stimulating atmosphere of a human-sized company, close to its people (flexible working hours, continuous training).
- A working environment with equipment and infrastructure designed to help you to excel, progress and develop your skills.
- The satisfaction of participating in the development of new interconnection solutions.
With a history of 75 years of excellence and innovation, the LEMO Group is a global leader in high-performance interconnection solutions. From the depths of the oceans to the far reaches of outer space, from the freezing North Pole to the burning heart of jet engines, from operating theatres to car races, our solutions are a global benchmark for demanding applications and harsh environments. With your 1800 colleagues in Switzerland and around the world, you will help technological leaders to push back the limits of science, medicine, communication, transport and energy.
Help us protect, save and bring people together, develop and share knowledge, optimise production and the use of natural resources. By helping to engineer, design, build, set up, distribute or sell our renowned interconnect solutions, you can play a vital role in revolutionary technologies on Earth and beyond. Regardless of the industry, our work is always about creating perfectly safe, high-performance connections for highly demanding and critical applications.