For our Canadian subsidiary in the Montreal office, we are currently looking to hire one person for the role of:
Field sales engineer
Montreal, Canada • Permanent contract • As soon as possible
- Manage and develop the assigned customer portfolio, ensure the achievement of sales targets, in terms of volumes (orders), profitability (pricing), supply chain (deadlines) and claims.
- Identify new opportunities and strive for LEMO spec-in with technical assistance and high-value supplies (i.e. cable assemblies). Proactive relationship with the customers via regular contacts and on-site visits.
- Within the territory assigned, increase LEMO’s market-share by identifying and developing new accounts and new market applications in line with the company strategic development plan, from the explanation of our capabilities to the coordination of new projects, with the assistance of our local Customer Service and our Swiss-based Engineering Group.
- Preparation and monitoring of customer orders (price and margin calculation).
- Provide customers with technical assistance (connector plans, calculations) and introduce new products, as well Cable and Cable Assembly possibilities.
- Actively report commercial activities and opportunities using LEMO’s reporting Customer Management tool. Prepare annual report on the customer and market activities in the territory as well as annual sales forecast.
- Participate in tradeshows and other commercial events.
- Degree in mechanical and/or electrical/electronic engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of B2B Sales experience in high-tech product domain, ideally in Electronic Connector or Cable Assembly. Knowledge of electrical interconnection field, in order to discuss at application level with customers. Experience in relevant industry markets: industrial, defense, medical.
- Ability to interact internally and externally on topics related to micromechanics and electronic. Ability to work independently and to coordinate activities with co-workers across departments.
- Fluent in English, French is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and strong organizational skills. Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- The stability of an independent, dynamic, continuously successful Swiss group.
- The motivation to participate in the creation of cutting-edge solutions renowned worldwide.
- The warm and stimulating atmosphere of a human-sized company, close to its people (flexible working hours, continuous training).
- A working environment with equipment and infrastructure designed to help you to excel, progress and develop your skills.
- The satisfaction of participating in the development of new technological solutions.
With a history of 75 years of excellence and innovation, the LEMO Group is a global leader in high-performance interconnection solutions. From the depths of the oceans to the far reaches of outer space, from the freezing North Pole to the burning heart of jet engines, from operating theatres to car races, our solutions are a global benchmark for demanding applications and harsh environments. With your 1800 colleagues in Switzerland and around the world, you will help technological leaders to push back the limits of science, medicine, communication, transport and energy.
Help us protect, save and bring people together, develop and share knowledge, optimise production and the use of natural resources. By helping to engineer, design, build, set up, distribute or sell our renowned interconnect solutions, you can play a vital role in revolutionary technologies on Earth and beyond. Regardless of the industry, our work is always about creating perfectly safe, high-performance connections for highly demanding and critical applications.