For our LEMO UK unit, located in Worthing, we are currently looking to hire a person for the position of:
Design application engineer
Worthing, United Kingdom • Permanent contract • As soon as possible
- To produce layout, assembly and detailed manufacturing drawings and other documentation from concept through to completion using 2D / 3D CAD system.
- To provide standard product technical support to both customers and sales teams, visiting customers as required as part of the process of winning new business.
- To prepare concept design proposals in support of winning new business opportunities.
- To work within a cross functional new product development team completing all engineering tasks required from initial idea right the way through to product launch.
- To complete engineering studies to assess the technical feasibility of new concepts or ideas.
- To generate bills of materials for both new configurations and new products.
- To provide a CAD support service to the Company creating data sheets, work instructions and marketing literature.
Qualified to HNC or equivalent in Engineering
Minimum three to five years’ experience doing a similar role
Background in a manufacturing environment desirable (Cable, Connectors)
Proficient in MS office, CAD
Positive and professional demeanor
Sense of urgency and commitment to the timely completion of projects with an attention to detail, along with a commitment to quality
- An attractive and dynamic working environment with the possibility to contribute to the Group’s success.
- Exciting challenges and attractive social and employee benefits are offered to those who join our successful 3rd-generation family-owned, high-tech Swiss company.
- This role is a great opportunity for someone who would like to further their career and learn new skills.
- The role attracts a salary of £28-30K dependant on experience, and there are opportunities for career advancement throughout the department.
- Benefits include - Hours - Mon-Thurs 85pm, Fri 8-1pm, 25 days holiday, contributory pension scheme.
With a history of 75 years of excellence and innovation, the LEMO Group is a global leader in high-performance interconnection solutions. From the depths of the oceans to the far reaches of outer space, from the freezing North Pole to the burning heart of jet engines, from operating theatres to car races, our solutions are a global benchmark for demanding applications and harsh environments. With your 1800 colleagues in Switzerland and around the world, you will help technological leaders to push back the limits of science, medicine, communication, transport and energy.
Help us protect, save and bring people together, develop and share knowledge, optimise production and the use of natural resources. By helping to engineer, design, build, set up, distribute or sell our renowned interconnect solutions, you can play a vital role in revolutionary technologies on Earth and beyond. Regardless of the industry, our work is always about creating perfectly safe, high-performance connections for highly demanding and critical applications.